1. How long have you been a part of AiN and what is your position?
2. What do you hope to accomplish with AiN?
After hearing about my sister’s amazing experiences as a volunteer at AiN, I decided to join the organization. I love working with kids and young adults and have already learned so much during my time with AiN.
3. What experiences have you gained so far with AiN?
Volunteering at AiN has allowed me to gain experience with kids with special needs, a skill that I lacked before joining the organization. I have also been able to discover my love for working with kids and young adults.
4. What is your favorite thing about AiN?
I love spending time with Zoe, a teenage girl who I am able to hang out with at nearly every Revive event.
5. How has volunteering with AiN changed your perspective on volunteering with special needs children?
Volunteering with AiN has allowed me to discover the unique personalities of each of the kids. Through working at Revive, I have been able to learn how to guide activities for kids with special needs and the importance of sensory activities.
6. What do you look forward to when attending the events?
I always look forward to spending time with Zoe and the other kids. I love seeing how the kids have grown from the time started volunteering.
7. What is your favorite activity?
I love watching the kids play with the different sensory activities each month. They are always very creative and fun.
8. What is the hardest part of attending the events?
Considering that I had never worked with kids with special needs before AiN, I have struggled learning what activities each of the kids enjoyed and which ones to avoid. However, after working at AiN for 6 months, I have started to pick up each kid’s routine.
9. What do you like to do for fun?
Outside of AiN, I enjoy dancing, spending time with my friends and family, and traveling.
10. What is something interesting or fun about yourself?